The skirt experiment has now ended in a frogging. The small difference in length that I noticed when the skirt was about halfway has managed to get even worse. I’m not quite sure how I did it, but I am quite impressed at my ability to have mad such a hash of the hem.
The good news: I have ten skeins of Moda Dea Cheerio now, and that’s more than enough to make a sweater. I’ve attempted to freehand sweaters in the past, and while I’ve had no great successes, each new sweater has been better than the previous incarnation. I think the Cheerio will work up into a very cozy, pretty sweater, and it’s going to be a great deal harder to mess up the hem. It’s really more the armholes that concern me.